Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vincent Bugliosi on George W. Bush, Murderer.

I just spent this summer dispelling a myth that lived in a lot of people's heads. The myth: John F. Kennedy was not killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, but by a conspiracy that may have involved Communists, the CIA, the FBI, Lyndon Johnson, the military-industrial complex, white supremacists, and many more possible participants. For almost 50 years, this well-known battle has been raging in the hearts and minds of left- and right-wingers alike. I must admit: I fell on the side of the conspirators (though I always thought Oswald pulled the trigger). But now, after reading Vincent Bugliosi's incredible 1612-page tome Reclaiming History, I know that it indeed was L.H. Oswald that committed, by himself, with no help from any other party, the greatest crime of the 20th Century.

Reclaiming History is a victory for America. It lays to rest any doubts any of us, including myself, might have had about the murder of JFK. It was, indeed, the act of a lone nut. When I finished reading the book, I felt a heavy weight lifted. Even though it was against my closely-held but still in my mind suspect beliefs, I was convinced based on the overwhelming evidence presented quite completely by Vincent Bugliosi that I and many more like myself need never have doubted the conclusions of the Warren Commission assigned to investigate the crime (Oliver Stone notwithstanding).

Upon reading Reclaiming History, I felt, I must tell you, a great swell of pride in our system.

Midway through reading Bugliosi's work, which took him an unthinkable 20 years to complete, I learned that Bugliosi had just released a new book entitled The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder. I rejoiced inside. If this genius of a prosecutor could convince me of the folly of my beliefs--beliefs I largely held without knowing the full force of the facts--then I knew that my conviction that, indeed, George W. Bush SHOULD be prosecuted for murder is a correct one.

I have not read Bugliosi's new book, but I will, to be sure. And I know, after almost eight years of abject outrage on my part, I will agree with Bugliosi's bold claim that, once Bush is out of office, any of our fifty State's Attorneys will agree upon examining the letter of the law that Bush and some of his cronies are liable not only for over 4100 deaths of American soldiers but also for the deaths of over 100,000 Iraqis (and those numbers are only the tip of the proverbial iceberg).

I realize, of course, that we are in the midst of a fierce campaign for the presidency. And I know that a change is needed. A radical change that only an Obama/Biden ticket can deliver. This desire for change can sometimes overwhelm us who beleive in Obama's vision. And why shouldn't it?

But we can never, whatever the outcome of this election, allow ourselves to take our eye off the ball: it is George W. Bush and his conspirators that should be held accountable for this massive wartime bloodshed, launched on the basis of a lie. If we turn out back on this, we might as well turn our backs on the next Hitler, the next Stalin, the next Pol Pot.

Here now is Vincent Bugliosi, one of nation's great impartial, non-political intellects--who, should you need to be reminded, prosecuted Charles Manson even though Manson HIMSELF killed not one of the people he's in prison for murdering (and Bugliosi compares G.W. Bush to Manson in a very key and strict fashion in what follows)--here is Bugliosi vehemently defending and explaining the very straightforward notion of prosecuting--once they are out of office--George W. Bush and his cohorts for murder.

One note: for anyone reading this who disdains Bugliosi's conclusions as the words of a partisan madman, may I point out that (1) Buglisoi has already railed against the madmen behind the vast number of conspiracy theories surrounding the JFK assassination, so he knows the TRUE qualities surrounding insanity (and let's be real: the JFK conspiracy wing largely represented left-wing madness, so let's not chalk this recent book up to rabid partisanship); and (2) Bugliosi's strict adherance to evidence, truth, factuality, names, dates and lawful numbers DOES NOT point to his being a man in absense of his faculties.

Now, please, give the extremely articulate Mr. Bugliosi your time and consideration:








I vehemently believe that George W. Bush should be held accountable for his actions, and once he leaves office, should be brought to trial for his horrible war crimes, with Mr. Bugliosi as prosecutor. I believe this is one extraordinary way we can reclaim America's long-held status as the worldwide holder of truth and justice.

Not that I need to remind anyone reading, but I feel I should mention, since an extremely important campaign is going on right now, that it is John McCain and Sarah Palin who stand shoulder-to-shoulder with George W. Bush, no matter how much they try to distance themselves from him.

Thank you.

No comments: