Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not Happy About Obama Continuing Bush Tax Cuts for the Wealthy


I have to agree completely with this article by Marie Cocco, reprinted on Salon.com, entitled "Obama to Continue Bush's Tax-Cutting Orgy". I have to say that I think this word coming out --that he isn't going to repeal Bush's outrageous benefits to the wealthiest Americans -- is a huge disappointment and somewhat of a betrayal of a principal reason many of us embraced Obama. We were hoping for a return to fairness.

I still am thrilled that he will be the new President in a little less than two weeks, but with the economy foremost in many people's minds, the signal it sends to NOT clearly reject Bush's morally-corrupt and obviously ineffective tax break, is not a heartening one.

I hope that he will reconsider this move, after public opinion and that of economic experts weigh in on this very telling change in philosophy. Come on, man, don't disappoint us!

No comments: